unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Monday, August 09, 2010

Unhurry Up™ #97



"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, 
with all your soul, 
with all your mind, 
with all your strength." 
~ Luke 10:27

Continuing on from last Friday's post - here are some reflection questions -  mostly borrowed from a 12 step recovery article - but with some of my own added. As you consider these, it's not just trying to figure out how to have a "balanced" life or even to come up with an elaborate plan of how I can love God better. Instead, lean in and listen to how the Lord is inviting you to a life of love in the areas of your body, emotions, mind and relationships. Letting God define what a life of love looks like is more important than self-imposing huge "shoulds" "oughts" and pious expectations upon ourselves.
Continuing from last Friday, where we examined loving God with our physicality, today we will consider loving God with our minds: 

  • Am I honoring my mind? 
  • Have I taken time to read a good book or attend an interesting class? 
  • Am I being stretched to think about/ponder/examine things that I don't yet understand - what things am I dogmatic about? What would I like to learn more about?
  • Was I able to exchange ideas with a friend?


Now ask God,
  • "How are you inviting me to love you with my mind?"
  • How do you feel about His invitation?
  • What one thing might you do this week to respond to his invitation?

Join the Unhurried Revolution!


Unhurry Up™

www.mysoulrefresh.com

No comments: