unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Monday, June 28, 2010

Living Unhurried #69



I am becoming increasingly convinced that my hurriedness is detrimental to every area of my life.
  • When I opt for 1500 calories to grab a quick bite to eat (expending only about 15 to order and eat them) I am not loving myself...
  • When I impulsively buy the latest gadget that I have not saved up for, I am not loving myself and probably not others...
  • When I say, "I'm busy" to others' inquiries about how I'm doing - I am really sending a message that I don't want to spend time with them.  I am not loving them...and I am missing out on the potential to be loved. 
  • When I drive two blocks to 7-11 to get a cool drink on a hot day, I miss out on a little 10-15 minutes of walking/praying/brain uncluttering in which I can recenter and reFresh my soul on the way to reFreshing my thirst!
This week's "unhurried" experiences will have to do with our physicality - how can I love myself, God and my family by taking care of my health in little ways? This has been prompted by the need in my own life to care for myself as I engage in the demanding job of caring and ministering to others. I am beginning a lifestyle overhaul (email me if you want to know more)

Today's simple unhurried exercise:
When you have to go to the bathroom at work or home, choose the one farthest away. If you only have one, then take a longer route to it. And while you're on the way, breathe deeply and ask God to reveal to you how you can make little choices to live unhurried and love your body!

In the dialogue between Count Rugin to Prince Humperdink in the Princess Bride, "If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything."

Unhurry Up - Join the Unhurried Revolution!

 www.mysoulrefresh.com

No comments: