unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Friday, October 13, 2006

On learning German

I've decided that since I am working with two people living in Germany, I should learn more than just the phrase, "Mein hund ist under dem wagen." (My dog is under the car.) Yup - leave it to me to know useless phrases that I hope I never have to use (like in Spanish, "Ay de mi, mi pierna esta rota." (Oh no my leg is broken). I can also say, "We are all pregnant women" in Latvian (Mes esam grutas sievietes)

So...

I pulled out my Berlitz "Learn German" book and probably to no one's surprise the first conversation takes place in a pub.

I am happy to say that I can now order up to 10 beers, as well as say, "Please, take a seat. Here is a chair."

Nicht Slecht

www.paulagamble.com

No comments: