unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Greater Glimpse

Matt Redman has a song on his "Facedown" CD that strikes me each time.

"This is a time for seeing and singing
This is a time for breathing you in and breathing out your praise.
Our hearts respond to your revelation
All you are showing, all we have seen commands a life of praise.

No one can sing of things they have not seen
God open our eyes towards a greater glimpse.
The glory of You - the glory of You
Open our eyes towards a greater glimpse.

Worship starts with Seeing You
Worship starts with Seeing You
Our hearts respond to Your revelation..."

Like the Oswald Chambers writing "Do not look for God to come in any particular way...but look for Him."

What if our times of worship at church or personally were not "just" about singing...
Evenmoreso - they are really about seeing. Tuning our eyes to see Him - to rehearse and refresh that he has not left us wallowing in the mire of this wicked world. He sees and hears and knows and loves.

If we do not see - we will not sing.

Oh Lord - give us a greater glimpse. Open the eyes of our heart that we might know you better.

Feel free to leave a comment of How you have "seen" Jesus show up in Your week.


www.paulagamble.com



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the questions on the table deals with my 11 year old son with autism getting braces. Our dentist had a recommendation about 15 minutes away.

Several friends referred me to an orthodontist around the corner from our house. The thought of walking or riding bikes there sounded wonderful.

I needed to meet him. So on my way to pick up the boys for their regular dental appt, I stopped by to get a business card from the orthodontist so I could have something to report to the dentist.

I walked and immediately noticed how quiet the office was. There was a young looking guy writing on some charts. I asked the receptionist if that was the doctor and she told me that it was. So I met him and briefly told him about my son. The orthodontist was very positive and even said that he has a nephew with autism!

Jesus showed up by providing the "divine appointment."

When I told my dentist about the orthodontist, he agreed that there was no question that we should consult with that doctor.

One more time God has shown up and lead the way on this odessey of loving and parenting a child with a disability.

paula gamble said...

i love this -
thanks for sharing the story! Awesome