unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Living Unhurried #48


"On the day of Judgment, God will only ask one question: Did you enjoy my world?"
Traditional Jewish Saying

As you get to the end of your day, reflect back on how you enjoyed your day? 
  • What parts of your day made you feel fully alive? 
  • What parts seemed to drag you down? 
  • Are you too busy to enjoy the beauty of spring? Or your family? or a leisurely home cooked meal? 
  • What might help you enjoy tomorrow?

Lord, I want to enjoy life 
rather than skim it.
I want to behold Your beauty - 
experience the complete joy You lavish.
Help me walk tomorrow with an attitude that life is a gift
One to be opened, delighted in, enjoyed.
Help me to see each task, each person, each obstacle
as Your invitation to trust You, enjoy You, love You.
I need You - fill me with a desire to enjoy 
each breath
each flower
even each person who cuts me off in traffic;
each moment of inspiration,
each dreary, seemingly mundane task.
Oh Lord, establish the work of your hands...
In Your presence is fullness of joy.
Amen

Join the Unhurried Revolution!

www.mysoulrefresh.com

2 comments:

Melissa w/ Soul Mates Photography said...

thanks for this paula. you are the best best describing exactly what my heart needs. have a wonderful day!

paula gamble said...

Indeed friend - ENJOY! (Even enjoy finishing your lists :) )
Love to you
~pg