unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

WNP? - Bracelets anyone?

A few years ago there was the WWJD rage: What Would Jesus Do?
There were bracelets, rings, t-shirts, and, in general, WWJD paraphernalia ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I propose a new bracelet/t-shirt/coffee mug, key chain/frisbee: WNP?

Huh?

Well in my on-going mid-life crisis, I continually am asking God, "What do you want me to do? What am I suppose to do with my life?" In the midst I've created at least 5 business cards and brochures for 5 different business ideas - from teaching golf, to recording, to worship leading to writing to speaking and life coaching.

This morning, I was reading and meditating on Romans 8:15 -

"This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurlously expectant, greeting God with a childlike, 'What's next, Papa?'"
or
WNP?

Imagine starting every day by greeting God with such adventurous expectancy:

"Goodmorning Papa. Thanks for a good night sleep. You know all that is ahead in my day and week, but 'What's next, Papa?'"

And Papa tells you - and you do it - and it's hard and beautiful but you feel in sync with who God made you to be.

Another friend just wrote about helping out with Katrina restoration efforts...she said that they had ATL days - "As the Lord leads." The goal - listen and obey. That's it. Listen and obey - and be amazed (and not) at how incredible Papa knows His children.

So - join me. If you are stuck...why not quiet yourself, lean in and ask, WNP?

www.paulagamble.com


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pastors at my church say "WIJD?" >> What is Jesus doing?
present tense.

v.a.