unhurried space... freeing our souls to saunter, linger, frolic and soar in the stream of God's love

Monday, March 27, 2006

Training our souls to embrace Him more

I ran across a new worship definition that I really liked.


"Worship is the habit of ritual and social action with which we experientially and thankfully acknowledge God's supremacy and simultaneously train our souls to embrace Him more deeply."
~Eric Herron

Have fun "unpacking" that...
  • not just a ritual/liturgy on Sunday mornings - but the "liturgy" (social and ministerial action) throughout the week
  • experiential - 5 senses, not just a happy heart song or thought
  • thankful for God's supremacy!
  • and yet recognizing my need of my soul to embrace Him even more...
I just like it!

For more "good stuff" on worship - go to Eric Herron's website
www.worshipartist.net


www.paulagamble.com

No comments: